Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Trials of Editing

I have editing on the brain right now because I am up to my chin in it with Werewolves Rule.  My head has hurt almost non-stop this month because I am staring at the computer screen, reading and editing every day.  Sometimes I work late into the night too.  Not good for the eyes.  Then when I'm not working on my book, I'm doing this blog, Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter, etc.  My eyes and head really need a rest, but I want to get this done.  I am in the homestretch now, and I can see the finish line.  Very exciting.

I also have a few other people editing it too, but the problem is that we are all so familiar with the book that we miss stuff.  After reading through Crushed more than a dozen times, a friend and I were shocked when someone found a mispelled word in one of our favorite scenes.  How did we miss that?  It was so obvious.

Anyway, that's what I've been doing.  Hope everyone out there is doing good.  Happy writing!

No comments: