Friday, November 11, 2011

YA INDIE CARNIVAL: 11/11/11

This week on the Carnival we are going to give you the number eleven because it is 11/11/11.  Some will give eleven reasons to read their books, while others will give eleven tips on writing or marketing, etc.  Check them out after you've read my list, and thanks for your support.

 Top Eleven Duos from Film, Shows, and Books::

1.  Sam and Dean Winchester from Supernatural:  I love to watch these guys. They are so much like brothers I've known.  They can beat each other to a pulp, but no one else had better try it. They have an interesting love/hate relationship.

2.  Elena/Stephen or Elena/Damon from Vampire Diaries:  Whether you want Elena with Stephen or with Damon, they're interesting to watch.

3.  Buffy/Angel or Buffy/Spike: Personally I liked Spike better but thought Buffy should be with Angel if that makes any sense. 

4.  Sonny/Jason/Carly from General Hospital:  Okay I kind of cheated here by adding Carly, but back in the day they were great to watch.  Jason works for Sonny (a mobster) and Carly is his best friend, but Carly was married to Sonny for a while.  They divorced and started to hate each other, but somehow they are always in each other's face with Jason trying to keep the peace without taking sides. 

5.  Kirk/Spock:  The chemistry between these two made the show. 

6.  Jack/Jersey in Vampires Rule:  I thought I'd throw in one of my own pairings.  Jack and Jersey are destined to kill each other, but they have this weird friendship going on.  Their love of literature has brought them together.  I love it that Jersey values Jack's opinion on books.

7.  King Aragorn/Legolas in The Lord of the Rings:  I wish there'd been more scenes between these two.  They have awesome chemistry.  I think Legolas has a little bit of a man-crush on Aragorn.

8.  Frank/Joe Hardy in the Hardy Boys books:  I kind of think that Sam and Dean were patterned a bit after these guys, only they are more hardcore.  When I was a kid, I loved these books.

9.  Rock Stars/Lead Guitar: Okay, Okay.  This is real life and not a book or movie, but I've always been fascinated with the tight relationship that seems to develop between rock stars and their main guitar player.  Think about it.  Jagger and Richards, Bon Jovi and Sambora, Brett Michaels and C. C. Deville.  I could go on. 

10.  Clark Kent/Lex Luthor on Smallville:  Back when Lex was with the show, I loved it that these two wanted to be friends but were so distrustful of each other.  They both had secrets from the other, yet they both thought the other should be an open book.

11.  Kristen Noah and Zach Bevian from Crushed:  Another one of mine, but I love the way Kristen and Zach interact.  He's the town bad boy, teasing her and taunting her, thinking she's too good to ride a motorcycle with him.  Then she pushes him back and drives the thing.  I love her spunk.

Anyway, that is my list.  I'm sure I've forgotten some good duos, but these are some of my favorites.  I hope you agree with at least a few of them.  Do you have any examples of great chemistry between duos that I forgot?

Remember to click on the links below and check out some more top eleven lists. 
Laura A. H. Elliott author of Winnemucca & 13 on Halloween, Book 1 in the Teen Halloween Series2.Bryna Butler, author Midnight Guardian series
3.Heather Self4.T. R. Graves, Author of The Warrior Series
5.Suzy Turner, author of The Raven Saga6.Darby Karchut, author of GRIFFIN RISING
7.Lexus Luke8.PJ Hoover, Author of SOLSTICE, Blogging at ROOTS IN MYTH
9.Cheri Schmidt, author of the Fateful Trilogy10.Rachel Coles, author of Into The Ruins, geek mom blog
11.K. C. Blake, author of Vampires Rule and Crushed12.Patti Larsen, The Hunted series and The Hayle Coven series
13.Courtney Cole, author of The Bloodstone Saga 14.Amy Maurer Jones, Author of The Soul Quest Trilogy
15.Dani Snell's Refracted Light Reviews 16.Fisher Amelie, author of The Understorey
17.M. Leighton, Blood Like Poison Series, Madly, The Reaping 18.Abbi Glines, author of Breathe and The Vincent Boys
19.Kimberly Kinrade, Bits of You & Pieces of Me, Forbidden Mind20.Madeline Smoot, Missing, Summer Shorts, and The Girls
21.Cidney Swanson, author of Rippler22.Nicole Williams, author of Eternal Eden, Falling Eden
23.Gwenn Wright, author of Filter24.TG Ayer

5 comments:

Suzy, The Grey Brunette said...

Oooh I love your duos post! It's not too dissimilar from my 11/11/11 post (I talk about great disaster movies). My favourite has got to be, without a doubt, Sam and Dean Winchester. Talk about drool-worthy! I'd like to add Bo and Kenzi from Lost Girl. I think they're FAB!
Have a great weekend!
Suzy Turner

Anonymous said...

I don't think it gets any better than Kirk & Spock. And there isn't a hotter duo than King Aragorn/Legolas. Smoking. Hot. I wonder if Tolkien had them in mind while writing:) And Sam and Dean and my third fave. Am I the last person on the planet that hasn't read the Vampire Diaries? Prolly. After your post I might check it out! Have a great weekend & Happy Veterans Day!

Heather said...

This was so fun! Fantastic duos! The 11's is definitely my fav Carni topic so far!

Patti Larsen said...

fab idea! Love duos... Batman and Robin are my faves... but Kirk and Spock? Kicking some major fangirl hiney with that one... :)

Kasi Blake said...

I had a lot of trouble with this post. Couldn't make up my mind what I wanted to do for the Eleven topic. Glad you enjoyed the list. I'm sure I left off some great duos, but I had to hurry and leave for work. :)