Friday, August 10, 2012

YA Indie Carnival: Hot Summer Reads!!!

This week at the Carnival we are discussing the best books of summer.  When you go to the beach or take a trip somewhere, what book do you take with you?  Have you discovered new books this summer or re-discovered some great reads?

At the moment I am re-reading the Mortal Instruments.  Why?  Two reasons.  I love them and I just bought City of Lost Souls.  Before I get into that book I need to refresh my memory.  Cassandra Clare is my favorite writer.  I love how she paints a picture.  Her characters are awesome and she's the best (in my opinion) at giving you a visual read.  It's like watching a movie.

City of Bones:  This is the first of the series.  Clary meets and falls in love with Jack, a Shadowhunter.  If you haven't read it, you really should.  For more on this book, check out the review that I did on it.

City of Ashes/City of Glass:  Okay, I honestly don't remember which of these comes second.  I can't remember the name of the one I'm reading right now.  That's pretty bad. 

Anyway, by the time I finish these books the summer will be long over.

Check out the other Carnies to see what Summer Reads they are loving.

Laura A. H. Elliott 2. Bryna Butler, author Midnight Guardian series
3. Heather Self 4. T. R. Graves, Author of The Warrior Series
5. Suzy Turner, author of The Raven Saga 6. Rachel Coles, author of Into The Ruins, geek mom blog
7. K. C. Blake, author of Vampires Rule and Crushed 8. Gwenn Wright, author of Filter
9. Heather M. White, author of The Destiny Saga 10. Liz Long | Just another writer on the loose.
11. Ella James 12. Maureen Murrish
13. Valerie Sloan 14. YA Sci Fi Author's Ramblings
15. A Little Bit of R&R  
 

No comments: