Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Review: Entice by Carrie Jones



As you may know, I read and reviewed the first book in this series Need and loved it.

Summary:  This book takes up where the last one left off.  The pixies are locked up in a house in the woods, but they desperately want out, and new pixies are coming to town every day and killing teens.  That's bad enough, but then Zara has to deal with her boyfriend Nick dying.  Although he may not be dead for real.  There's a chance she can get him back.  In the meantime, she gets pixie-kissed.  Is she going to turn into a pixie now?  If she does, will Nick even want to be with her anymore?

Review:  One of the things I loved about the first book is missing in this one.  Zara loves to recite phobias when she's scared or nervous.  The first book started each chapter with a phobia.  This one starts with Pixie tips instead.  I don't like it as much.

The relationship between Nick and Zara was just getting interesting.  Now he's dead.  Sort of.  I was not pleased.  Enter a new guy, a Pixie king by the name of Astley.  As much as Zara denies her attraction to him, it's painfully clear she likes him.  So where does this leave Nick when he returns?

I still recommend this book, but not as much as the first one.  The writing is the same, simple and easy to understand, written in first person from Zara's pov.  I like the characters.  I just wish Nick hadn't been killed and Astley hadn't been so attractive to Zara.  It reminded me a bit of New Moon. 

Score:     B-

No comments: