Thursday, June 20, 2013

Comment CRAZY!

The lack of comments on my blog is driving me crazy.  I visit other blogs and some have an abundance of comments.  Are they giving out free candy with each one?

Other bloggers and I have been discussing his issue.  How do you get people to comment?  Here are my suggestions for what they are worth:

1.  Be Controversial:  If you make people so angry that they have to publicly disagree with you, you will get comments.  I don't like this one.  I'm more of a why-can't-we-all-get-along person.

2.  Prizes:  Have a contest and tell people they have to comment to enter.  I don't like this one either, and I doubt it would even work, but someone told me they do it all the time.

3.  Ask for Comments:  I was told if you simply ask for comments, people will comment.  Is that true?  Be honest.

4.  Turn off the Captcha: I hate doing this because I start getting at least half a dozen spammers a day leaving ridiculous comments that I have to delete.  It's a machine leaving them, and it is so annoying.  BUT I would do it for you if you were willing to comment.

Anything else?  Did I miss anything.

PLEASE COMMENT!!!

Tell me what makes you want to comment on blogs, and I will probably do it?

Do I need to bring in a hot guy for a special appearance?
Save a puppy for every comment?
What?  What do you want from me?  :)

2 comments:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...


Mostly...to comment...the topic must be important to me or strike a chord...and feel I have something to add.

I think men in general are horrible at commenting...so if your blog interests men more than women...a double whammy.

(And still...I didn't 'add' anything)

(Also almost never comment on blogs that make you key in those stupid letters I can't hardly read to prove i'm a person)

Kasi Blake said...

Well I love comments even when the person doesn't 'add' anything special to the discussion. It's just nice to know someone is reading the posts. Thank you for commenting. I appreciate it. :)